Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Adventures in Wonderland

This is the fabric that started it all:


I was given 3/4 metre of this gorgeous fabric as part of a gift when my baby girl was born. This was my introduction to quilting fabric, and the concept that you could use it to make garments. What began as 3/4 metre has turned into this:


and this:


I was so pleased to find the charm packs and the honey bun online, so that I at least own a scrap of each of the 40 prints. Some creative Internet searching turned up some more yardage, but I was overjoyed with the limited reprint and picked up the larger scale prints (below) and the dots. I love these (forgive the creases):


So, what are my plans with all this beautiful fabric? Quilts, skirts, dresses, bags, you name it. In my next post, I'll discuss the quilt I plan to make. It will be my first quilt so I'm trying hard to keep it simple. Then some day soon I may actually start to sew it!

1 comment:

  1. great stuff Jill.
    I might be willing to part with small pits of other Wonderland fabrics if you twist my arm read hard!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails